The Soil Museum named after professor P.G. Aderihin (Voronezh)
The history of the Soil Museum of the Voronezh State University began long before the establishment of the Department of Soil Science. The early exhibits were soil monoliths and profile samples of soils collected and systematized by Professor P.G. Aderikhin. He was a prominent researcher, the founder of the Voronezh School of Soil Scientists and the head of the Department of Soil Science of the VSU over 50 years since it foundation in 1936.
The exhibition illustrates the complexity and interaction of all components of the landscape with the main focus on the soils role as «landscape mirror». The main natural zones of Russia including theirs soil cover are widely represented in the museum exposition.