The training seminar «Practical Issues of Foundation and Development of the Eurasian Soil Information System»
June 19, 2018
On the invitation of the Soil Scientists Society of Kyrgyzstan, a training seminar on the Soil Information System and databases was held in Bishkek in the framework of the Eurasian Soil Partnership. The event was conducted by the experts I.O. Alyabina and O.M. Golozubov from the Agrarian Center of the Lomonosov Moscow State University in the Kyrgyz National Agrarian University named after K.I. Scriabin from 3 to 8 June 2018.
Тhe lectures and workshops were devoted to the detailed consideration of the following issues:
- The Information system «Soil and Geographic Database of Russia» (IP PGBD) — as a pattern of the National Soil Data Center (INSII GSP FAO);
- The Standardization of the storage, presentation and exchange of soil data;
- The structure and functions of a typical soil data center;
- Experience on the practical use of IP PGBM, practical aimes for soil data centers.
The list of representatives — scientific, industrial, educational and public organizations of Kyrgyzstan took part in the seminar:
- «Kyrgyz Soil Science Society named after academician A.M.Mamytov» Public Association;
- The Faculty of Agronomy and Forestry of Kyrgyz National Agrarian University named after K.I. Scriabin; Naryn State University S. Naamatova;
- Kyrgyz Research Institute of Agriculture;
- Research Institute of Water Problems and Hydro-energy Problems of the Kyrgyz Republic Academy of Sciences;
- Republican soil-agrochemical station;
- Regional central asian non-governmental organization CAMP Alatoo.
At the end of the event, the specialists who took part in the work received the Certificates of the participant in the training seminar «Practical Issues of the Foundation and Development of the Eurasian Soil Information System» (Bishkek, June 4-8, 2018).